Fore! Reservations Raises $10,000 For The Salute Military Golf Association
Burr Ridge, Illinois - February 17, 2011 - Fore! Reservations, the leading provider of golf course management and marketing software, is pleased to announce that the Fore! Reservations First Annual Charity Golf Outing raised $10,000 for The Salute Military Golf Association. The outing was held Sunday, February 6 at Kissimmee Bay Country Club in Kissimmee, FL.
"The Salute Military Golf Association is extremely appreciative of Fore! Reservations making SMGA the beneficiary of its 2011 Charity Golf Outing," says SMGA Founder Jim Estes. "The funds raised by Fore! Reservations will help assure that the SMGA is able to continue to expand its programs which have a positive impact on the lives of combat wounded veterans. The four SMGA wounded warriors who participated in the Fore! Reservations Charity Golf Outing had a wonderful time and are grateful for the opportunity to participate in the event representing the SMGA."
The SMGA was founded in 2007 by PGA Professional Jim Estes after a visit to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC and speaking with patients who were wounded in combat in Afghanistan and Iraq. The mission of the SMGA is to support our nation's combat wounded heroes by using golf as a part of their physical and mental rehabilitation. With the support of groups such as Fore! Reservations, the SMGA has been able to:
• Provide golf lessons to over 600 combat wounded veterans;
• Distribute over 250 sets of new custom-fitted golf clubs for wounded servicemen and women;
• Offer an eight-week series of golf clinics in both the spring and fall to combat wounded veterans and their families;
• Offer a seven-week golf clinic series in both the spring and fall for veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI);
• Provide numerous playing opportunities at local golf courses throughout the golf season; and,
• Offer unique golf experiences such as participation in the Hootie and the Blowfish Monday After the Masters Celebrity Pro-Am and the Senior Tour Championship Pro-Am.
"On behalf of everyone at Fore! Reservations, I would like to express our gratitude to the SMGA for the commendable work they do to help wounded soldiers through the great game of golf," says Fore! Reservations CEO Harry Ipema. "I would also like to thank everyone that participated in the outing or contributed to our fundraising efforts, as our $10,000 donation will help the SMGA continue to support our nation's very deserving servicemen and women."
For more information about Fore! Reservations, please visit www.forereservations.com
. For more information about The Salute Military Golf Association, please visit www.golfsalute.org
About Fore! Reservations
Fore! Reservations, established in 1995, is the leading provider of golf course management and marketing software. Its software provides courses with an easy-to-use Tee Time Reservation System, integrated Online Tee Times, automated E-mail Marketing tools, sophisticated Customer Database Management, a powerful Point of Sale system, unparalleled Price Performance and unrivaled Customer Service. With 2,000 golf course installations represented by every state in the U.S. as well as Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, it is the number one selling tee sheet in the golf industry. Fore! Reservations is a privately held company with offices in Burr Ridge and Wheaton, Illinois.