(CHICAGO, IL) - Chicago Park District and Billy Casper Golf (BCG) have opened Clocktower Café adjacent to the Waveland Clocktower at 3600 North Recreation Drive on the North Side of Chicago.
With an unbeatable location - east of Lake Shore Drive and Irving Park and close to the No. 9 green at Sydney Marovitz Golf Course - and fantastic views of Lake Michigan, Clocktower Café is fast becoming part of the fabric of its neighborhood.
Clocktower Café is beneficiary of a complete building renovation and now includes flat-screen televisions and two outdoor decks - one overlooking the park and city, the other Lake Michigan. Serving grill fare for lunch and dinner with a festive atmosphere, the restaurant has seating for 148 people with a 25-seat bar and is open 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week.
"Chicago Park District is committed to provide residents with unique dining options," says Michael Kelly, General Superintendent and CEO of Chicago Park District. "With a talented partner in Billy Casper Golf, Clocktower Café opened seamlessly with excellent food and drink at a great value."
More than three years ago, BCG was selected by Chicago Park District to manage its seven golf facilities. The company has committed $5.5 million over 15 years to an aggressive property-enhancement program at the six courses, three driving ranges and learning centers, and two miniature golf courses. This includes work on course tees, fairways and greens; detailed attention to turf maintenance; and upgrades to buildings and facades.
The Chicago Park District courses offer golfers incredible variety:
• Jackson Park - Considered the pride of Chicago golf, this championship course features par 5s reaching 560 yards and par 3s at 200-plus yards.
• Sydney R. Marovitz - Ranked the No. 18 nine-hole course in the United States by Golfweek and with tight greens, abundant bunkers and championship length, it is among the most challenging Chicago Park District courses. At nine holes over 3,240 yards, golfers enjoy a quick round with a beautiful lakefront setting.
• South Shore - Arguably the best kept secret in the Chicago area, this former private club impresses golfers with panoramic views of Lake Michigan amid tree-lined fairways and small greens over nine holes.
• Robert A. Black - Designed by award-winning architect Dick Nugent, this is the newest Chicago Park District course. Although short at 2,339 yards, the layout tests low-handicaps and is generous to others.
• Columbus Park - With wide fairways and receptive greens, this links-style, nine-hole course on Chicago's West Side is a popular choice for players of all skill levels.
• Marquette Park - Water comes into play on seven of nine holes, stressing shot values throughout the 3,187-yard layout.
• Diversey Driving Range - Nestled in the heart of downtown Chicago, its two-tier driving range and 18-hole miniature golf course are fun for families and businesspeople.
For more information or to reserve a tee time: www.cpdgolf.com
About Chicago Park District
In addition to its seven golf facilities, CPDs jurisdiction includes more than 7,600 acres of parkland, 570 parks, 26 miles of lakefront, 10 museums, two world-class conservatories, 16 historic lagoons, nearly 50 natural areas, and thousands of special events, sports and entertaining programs. Soldier Field, Buckingham Fountain and Grant Park are just a few notable landmarks under CPD purview.
For more information about CPD: www.chicagoparkdistrict.com
About Billy Casper Golf
Owner-operator of more than 130 golf courses, country clubs and resorts, BCG holds the second largest domestic portfolio. The company provides turnkey club management and favorable returns on investments for public-agency and private owners, developers and investors. Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper and headquartered in Vienna, VA, regional offices are strategically convenient to courses' locales. A division of BCG, Buffalo Communications is the leading global golf-lifestyle public relations, branding, marketing-communications, graphics and strategic services firm.
For more information: www.billycaspergolf.com