Champions Golf Package At Iconic La Costa Courses Provides Link To Generations Of The Game's Legends
CARLSBAD, Calif. (July 30, 2012) - Once home of golf's Tournament Of Champions, La Costa Resort and Spa has a new Champions Golf Package named in honor of the game's legends, which have walked the fairways of the iconic venue for nearly five decades.
The Champions Golf Package is for three days of unlimited golf on the same fairways where generations of golfing greats have played, from Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus to Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods, as well as reigning KIA Classic champion Yani Tseng.
Southern California's only GOLF Magazine Gold Medal Resort, La Costa features 36 holes of championship-caliber play on the completely restored Champions Course, which hosted the TOC from 1969 through 1998 (and World Match Play until 2006), and slightly modified South Course, now home to the LPGA Tour's Kia Classic. Each round is further enhanced by La Costa's new Golf Squad, the roving on-course "caddies" who are ready to serve golfers throughout the day.
The Champions Golf package includes:
• Two nights accommodations (your choice of available luxury rooms and suites)
• Breakfast Buffet (daily at Legends Bistro)
• Three days of unlimited golf, including shared cart (daily on available courses)
• Complimentary range balls (unlimited throughout stay)
• Complimentary club storage and service
• Complimentary "Course Tour" mobile-phone app
• 15 percent off golf shop merchandise
• Rates begin at $499 per room (double occupancy, do not include taxes or $24 daily resort charge)
La Costa also is home to the only The TOUR Academy in Southern California. The TOUR Academy features a variety of private golf lessons, group clinics, specialty golf offerings and much more. Golf school programs provide stay-over and commuter options, with two-day, three-day or five-day options.
For more package information, visit www.lacosta.com
About La Costa Resort and Spa
Fresh from a $50 million renovation and nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, Calif., north of San Diego, La Costa Resort and Spa boasts a new look. Re-designed areas include the 43,000 square-foot Spa at La Costa, 611 spacious and re-designed guestrooms and suites, the Coastal Events Center, an expanded Athletic Club, and two golf courses, including the all-new Champions Course. Acclaimed restaurants - Legends Bistro and BlueFire Grill present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine. The Spanish mission-style resort has a village-like ambience with whitewashed stucco buildings framed by vibrant and lush Southern California landscaping. For more information on La Costa Resort and Spa, call (800) 854-5000 or visit www.lacosta.com.
About KSL Resorts
Founded in 1992, KSL Resorts manages nine time-honored resorts with outstanding recreational amenities including spa, golf, tennis and ski. Each is refined yet unpretentious, rich in legacy and genuine in service. The KSL Resorts portfolio of properties includes:
• Hotel del Coronado (San Diego, Calif.)
• Beach Village at The Del (San Diego, Calif.)
• La Costa Resort and Spa (Carlsbad, Calif.)
• Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa (Rancho Mirage, Calif.)
• Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa (Vail, Colo.)
• Barton Creek Resort & Spa (Austin, Texas)
• The Homestead (Hot Springs, Va.)
• Montelucia Resort & Spa (Scottsdale, Az.)
• Grove Park Inn (Asheville, NC)
For more information, call (866) KSL-7727 or visit www.kslresorts.com