(ALBERTA, CANADA) - The majority of the seven partners of Canadian Rockies Golf - a collection of premier tracks in Western Alberta's Canadian Rockies - has recently been named to ScoreGolf's Top 100 Courses in Canada, Links' Magazine's Top 10 in Canada, and Golf West's Platinum list.
Included in recent awards from the CRG courses are The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, The Fairmont Banff Springs, Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club, Kananaskis Country's Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette layouts, and Silvertip Resort.
"Canadian Rockies Golf courses have continuously been recognized for being the best, most accessible public courses in Alberta, and Canada," says Gord Schultz, group coordinator and the official golf packager of the consortium. "Golf raters understand that the combination of classic and modern designs with extraordinary views sets each of these courses apart."
In celebration, the partner courses have released the Winners Circle Golf Experience, an ultimate seven-day, four-round golf holiday package available now through the end of the 2012 golf season, now available for online booking at http://www.canadianrockiesgolf.net
Recent award winners that golfers can play on the new Winners' Circle golf vacation include:
• The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course - Jasper, AB: ranked fourth in Score Golf's Top 100, and fourth on Links Magazine's Top 10
• The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course - Banff, AB: ranked second in Links Magazine's Top 10 and seventh in ScoreGolf's Top 100, Silver Award winner in Golf West's Annual Platinum Readers Choice List in Alberta
• Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club - Canmore, AB: ranked 32nd in ScoreGolf's Top 100
• Kananaskis Country's Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette Golf Courses - Kananaskis Country, AB - ranked 44th and 55th, respectively, in ScoreGolf's Top 100, and Gold Award winner in Golf West's Platinum Readers Choice List
• Silvertip Resort - Platinum Award winner in Golf West's Platinum Readers Choice List.
Six nights' lodging through regional hotels, rental car, six-day park pass for entry into Banff and Jasper National Parks, golf cart, range access and hotel taxes are included in the package. Rates start at $1,279 CAD per person and can be booked online at http://www.canadianrockiesgolf.net
Golfers can add rounds at Canmore Golf & Curling Club, voted best public course in Canmore and another partner - as well.
The Canadian Rockies Golf consortia courses received numerous individual accolades by leading publications such as Golf Digest, Golf Magazine, Conde Nast Traveler and National Geographic, among others.
The group offers multi-day golf packages and experiences that can be found at http://www.canadianrockiesgolf.net
, with overnight Canadian golf vacations starting under $200 CAD per person per night.
About Canadian Rockies Golf
To view the stunning topography, vacation options and learn more about golf in western Canada, visit www.canadianrockiesgolf.ca
. Website visitors can view stay-and-play packages or request custom quotes for trips and packages, or they may call 877.323.3633 for more information. Online information is regularly posted at http://www.facebook.com/canadianrockiesgolf
The critical acclaim and extraordinary attributes of the six members of the destination - "Canadian Rockies Golf: Historic. Dramatic. Untamed." - include:
1. Canmore Golf and Curling Club (www.canmoregolf.net
• Voted Best Golf Course in Rocky Mountain News' Best of the Bow Awards (2011)
• Valley-based property requires players use all clubs in their bag, narrow fairways challenge all levels of golfers
• Tree-lined course, friendly community atmosphere provides intimacy and camaraderie
2. The Fairmont Banff Springs (www.fairmont.com/banffsprings
• Ranked seventh in Top 100 Courses in Canada by ScoreGolf (2012)
• Historic course and Conde Nast Traveler Top Golf Resorts winner for its castle-like hotel, award-winning Willow Stream Spa and exquisite resort amenities
• 27 holes of golf - 18 Stanley Thompson-designed holes including the 200-yard, par-3 Devil's Cauldron, 147 bunkers, and the 9-hole Tunnel Course
• Designated an Audubon Signature Sanctuary; panoramic beauty, picturesque-mountain setting between Sulphur Mountain & Mount Rundle
• Situated in Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Golf Digest "Top 75 Resort in North America," "Best 25 International Golf Hotels" Golf Magazine "Gold Resorts" and "Top 3 Golf Course in Canada" and Golfweek Best Classic Canadian Courses (ranked 4th, 2012); Links Magazine Top 10 in Canada (2012)
3. The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (www.fairmont.com/jasper
• Resort celebrates its 90th Anniversary in 2012
• Voted No. 1 Golf Resort in Canada by ScoreGolf Magazine, 4th among Top 100 Golf Courses.
• An Audubon Signature Sanctuary; featuring the "wild side of the Rockies" - elk, caribou, coyote and wolves inhabit the national park and roam the course freely
• Designed by Stanley Thompson, the 18 holes carve contours at the feet of mountains
• Located in the heart of Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Golf Digest "Top 75 Golf Resorts and "100 Best Outside the U.S.; Golfweek Best Classic Canadian Course (ranked 2nd, 2012); GOLF Magazine "Gold Resorts" list 2012, Links Magazine Top 10 in Canada (2012).
4. Kananaskis Country Golf Course (www.kananaskisgolf.com
• Celebrating its 30th season in 2012
• Golfweek "Best Canadian Modern Courses" ranking (2012)
• SCORE Golf! Top 100 Courses in Canada (2012) - Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette
• Robert Trent Jones Sr. designed courses, situated in serene Kananaskis Country
• Features immaculate lush fairways, famed island-like 4th green on Mt. Kidd course, 140+ silica sand bunkers and the cascading Kananaskis River
5. Silvertip Golf Resort (www.silvertipresort.com
• Golf West Reader's Choice Award -Platinum award winner (2012)
• National Geographic Top 10 Environmental Courses
• Golf Digest Environmental Leader Award
• Home course of PGA Tour Member and 2006 Players Champion Stephen Ames
• Golf Digest rated 4 ½ stars, lauded for environmental sensitivity, maintenance practices
• 600 feet of elevation change, including dramatic par-4 18th with awe-inspiring altitude drop from tee to fairway, fairway to green
• Wine Spectator "List of Excellence" Award for Rustica Steakhouse
6. Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club (www.stewartcreekgolf.com/golf
• SCORE Golf! Top 100 Courses in Canada (2012)
• Golfweek "Best Modern Canadian Courses" ranking (2012)
• Surrounded by the spellbinding Three Sisters Mountains
• Audubon-certified course preserves habitat for plentiful wildlife