Billy Casper Golf Earns Partnership Extension At Wintonbury Hills Golf Course (Bloomfield, CT)
(VIENNA, VA) - Billy Casper Golf (BCG) - owner and operator of more than 130 golf courses, country clubs and resorts - has earned a long-term contract extension to continue managing Wintonbury Hills Golf Course, owned by the Town of Bloomfield, CT.
Under BCG direction since opening in 2003, Wintonbury has annually grown golf rounds, non-golf amenities' usage and revenues.
The success story includes:
• "Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary" designation for high standards protecting the environment and preserving the natural heritage of golf.
• Consistent media rankings among the top municipal courses nationwide and Golfweek recently named Wintonbury the No. 2 "Best Course You Can Play" in Connecticut.
• Widespread popularity of the Tap Inn restaurant, transformed into a classically-decorated pub with high wainscoted walls, eye-catching tin ceiling and new flat-screen televisions.
• Host course of the LPGA Futures Tour ING New England Classic.
• General Manager Ciaran Carr earning Master Professional designation from the Professional Golfers Association.
• A youth golf program, in conjunction with local public schools, to teach more than 450 juniors during summer months.
"Billy Casper Golf has been a wonderful partner for the Town of Bloomfield," says Louie Chapman, Town Manager. "The day-to-day management expertise they provide has led to Wintonbury becoming ingrained in the fabric of this community."
"A partnership extension is the ultimate reward of a job well-done," says Peter Hill, Chairman and CEO of BCG, which enjoys a roughly 95 percent client renewal rate. "Billy Casper Golf commits substantial resources to our infrastructure, so course owners like the Town of Bloomfield realize healthy returns on their investments."
BCG directs all activities at Wintonbury, including course and property maintenance, staffing and training, clubhouse operations, food and beverage, merchandising, golf instruction, marketing and public relations, special events and financial management.
Designed by renowned architect Pete Dye, Wintonbury's 18-hole, par 70, 6,711 yard layout presents a blend of links-style and forested holes. Generous rolling fairways help golfers navigate the 125 bunkers framing the course, making it a challenging yet fair test of golf for players of all skills. Breathtaking views of the Tunxis Reservoir and the heavily-treed ridges surrounding the property add to golfers' loyalties to Wintonbury.
For more information or to reserve a tee time: www.wintonburyhillsgolf.com
About Billy Casper Golf
BCG is the largest domestic owner-operator of golf course, country clubs and resorts, with more than 130 properties under its turnkey management. The company helps public-agency and private owners, developers and investors realize favorable returns on investments. Founded more than 20 years ago in cooperation with golf legend Billy Casper and headquartered in Vienna, VA, regional offices are strategically convenient to courses' locales.
A division of BCG, Buffalo Communications is the leading global golf-lifestyle public relations, branding, marketing-communications, graphics and strategic services firm. Client-partners include the LPGA, PGA National Resort & Spa, Sea Pines Resort, Fila Golf, Kaua'i Visitors Bureau, ECCO, Club Glove, Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday, Sun Valley Resort and Mission Hills Resort (China).
For more information: www.billycaspergolf.com