Entries will open this week for the 6th Annual San Diego Junior Amateur Golf Championships that will be played January 3-5, 2013. The event has quickly become the premier junior golf event during winter break and has fielded some of the top junior golfers each year. This event is hosted by Future Champions Golf and this will be the first event for points on the Callaway World Series Rankings.
The event is highly recruited by College Coaches and the event now is ranked by both the Scratch Players World Amateur Rankings and the Royal and Ancient World Amateur Rankings.
The Boys and Girls 15-18 Divisions will play 54-Holes with a cut after 36-Holes. The Top 30 Boys and the Top 15 Girls will compete on Saturday January 5th for the final round. All other divisions will play 36-Holes and will end on Friday January 4th.
Divisions and Courses for Competition:
• Steele Canyon Golf Course for Boys 15-18
• Sycuan Willow Glen for Boys 13-14
• Sycuan Oak Glen for Girls 15-18 / Girls 13-14 / Boys 11-12 / Girls 11-12
• Sycuan Pine Glen for Boys 9-10 / Boys 7-8 / Girls 9-10/ Girls 7-8
Notable Past Champions Include:
• Chris Williams - Current World #1 Amateur Golfer and 2011 Walker Cup Team Member
• Beau Hossler - 2-Time US Open Participant and 2011 Callaway Junior World Champion
• Todd Baek - Currently playing Professionally on the European Challenge Tour and former standout on the SDSU Aztecs
• Jonah Texeira - One of the best junior golfers in the US. Won the 2012 San Diego Junior Amateur and the San Diego Junior Masters.
• Casie Cathrea - Multiple LPGA Event Participant
Special Exemptions from this Event
• Winner of Each Age Division earns 2013 Callaway Junior World Exemption.
• AJGA PBE, Golfweek Ranked, NJGS Ranked, Scratch Players World Amateur Ranked, Royal and Ancient World Amateur Ranked, Exemption to Rice Planters Amateur Championship
Tournament Website - www.sdjunioram.com