ORLANDO, Fla. (Nov. 15, 2012) - Golfweek, the most authentic, authoritative and independent voice in golf, has transformed its Nov. 16/23 double issue into a "birthday card" to celebrate Arizona's 100th year of statehood. Honoring Arizona's storied history with the game of golf, this dedicated issue is chock full of exclusive features exploring everything from the Grand Canyon State's amazing courses and history to its deep tradition and character.
"Arizona has a rich history in helping to expand and popularize a great game," said Golfweek editor Jeff Babineau. "We believed the state's centennial earlier this year marked a terrific opportunity to trumpet and celebrate so many of the great things we love about Arizona and its golf. The courses, the history, the weather, the people ... it was a lot of fun to put this together in one dedicated Arizona issue that we feel our readers will really enjoy."
Highlights of Golfweek's Arizona Issue include:
• A travel feature guiding readers through the beautiful splendor found both on and off the course while en route from Phoenix to Sedona and on to the Grand Canyon
• An insightful look at Arizona's venerable golf history, from its very early days on through the inaugural Skins Game
• A head-to-head comparison of how Phoenix and Tucson stack up
• A detailed instruction piece with PGA Tour player and desert-dweller Bryce Molder
• A stunning profile of Whisper Rock Golf Club, where camaraderie and modesty make an unbeatable pairing
• An engaging article outlining how Arizona State is building a new legacy with another Mickelson
• An inside glimpse into Arizona-based companies Hot Stix and Cool Clubs, two leaders in the club-fitting market
For more information about Golfweek's Arizona Issue, visit Golfweek.com
Founded in 1975, Golfweek is the most authentic, authoritative and independent voice in golf. Serving enthusiasts who are truly passionate about the game of golf, the Golfweek brand includes Golfweek magazine, Golfweek.com, Golfweek OnDemand, Golfweek Mobile, Golfweek Custom Media, The Golf Wire, The Apparel Wire, The Tour Van and TurfNet.com. Golfweek is part of Turnstile Media Group, which specializes in developing diverse media platforms that engage and strengthen the communities they serve. Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Orlando, Fla., Turnstile Media Group is also the parent of Professional Artist, The Seminole Voice, The Winter Park/Maitland Observer and Turnstile Connect.